Yes! Our web-based ACORD forms program, Forms Boss Web, does work on Apple computers. Here are some tips for running Forms Boss Web on your Mac.
· We recommend that you use the Safari web browser that came with your Mac OS. While Firefox browser does work, it usually gives a phony error message each time you try to save a form. If you prefer to use Firefox, simply ignore this message each time. Firefox now comes with it's own pdf reader which does not have the functionality need to work with our ACORD Forms so you need to tell Firefox to use Adobe's pdf reader instead. Click here for firefox instructions on how to do that.
· In order for the ACORD forms to load properly, you must install both Adobe Reader and Adobe Reader Plug-In for Safari. Both of these applications are free. Here are the steps to acquiring the Adobe features:
1. Open Safari web browser.
2. Go to www.adobe.com and click on “Get Adobe Reader.”
3. It should automatically detect which version of Adobe Reader is appropriate for your operating system so all you have to do is click “Download.”
4. Once Adobe Reader is downloaded, go through the steps to install it (it should automatically prompt you to do so).
5. After Adobe Reader is installed and while Safari is still running, run Adobe Reader.
7. Next it will ask you if you want to add the extra feature of Adobe Reader Plug-In for Safari. Check the box (or leave it checked if it is already) saying that you do want to add this Plug-In. Click “Continue” and follow the instructions from there.
8. Lastly, it will ask if you want to make Adobe Reader your default application for opening pdf files. Click “Yes.”
If you are experiencing a problem with checkboxes not showing correctly after using Export, the solution is to remove the Zapf Dingbats font. To do this, click the Spotlight feature (magnifying glass at the top of your screen) and type Font Book. Click "Font Book" in the list that appears. Now scroll down the list of fonts until you find Zapf Dingbats. Right-click this font and choose "Reveal in Finder." Right-click the font file in Finder and choose "Move to Trash." Finally, restart your Mac.
You’re all set! Access your account and your ACORD forms should load and save with no problem! If you do still encounter further difficulty, try dragging Adobe Reader from your Applications folder to the Trash and then reinstalling it from www.adobe.com. If you have any further questions, call our tech support line at 423-239-4656.